Is it possible to integrate SAP Business One with eBay? Sure! You can always improve your business efficiency with this powerful ERP tool even if you run a tiny store on eBay. Both small and big market players can leverage the most powerful enterprise resource planning system – SAP Business One. Although the SAP Business One eBay integration may seem way too complicated, there is nothing to be afraid of. The Firebear team knows how to implement automated data synchronization between the two platforms. We will help you leverage the SAP Business One and eBay connector that not only automates critical business processes but also streamlines your organizational data efficiently.
Remember that you can integrate Sap Business One with lots of different systems and Firebear Studio will kindly help you do that. Contact us following the link below to get more information:
Sap Business One eBay Integration Free Quote
Table of contents
SAP Business One Defined
Let’s say a few words about SAP Business One if you are not familiar with the platform. Being a business management software solution, the ERP system is aimed at the automation of enterprise resource planning routine. Although it was initially designed for small and medium-sized enterprises, SAP B1 perfectly suits some big businesses too. With the key goal to automate as many business functions in numerous areas as possible, SAP simplifies your daily duties associated with financials, operations, and human resources.
To cover all possible areas of your company, SAP Business One provides 15 functional modules:
- Administration. In this module, you can find the core settings setup.
- CRM. In this part of SAP Business One, it is possible to link common sales employee tasks with the other modules.
- Financials. You can use this module to set up the Chart of Account definition as well as create core Journal Entries.
- Opportunities. SAP B1 uses this module for Lead generation, providing the ability to keep track of potential Sales and Purchases.
- Sales – A/R. In this part of SAP Business One, the sales flow takes place. It starts as Quotation and proceeds to Order, becoming Delivery and then AR Invoice.
- Purchasing – A/P. This module is designed to maintain the purchase flow from Quotation to Order, GRPO, and AP Invoice.
- Business Partners. SAP Business One stores master data of Leads, Customers, and Suppliers here.
- Banking. This module lets you create Incoming (sales) and Outgoing (purchase) payments.
- Inventory. Here, SAP Business One stores master data of goods to be sold/purchased along with their quantity/value in warehouses.
- Resources. This module defines where master data of resources (machines and people) should be used in production (capacity and planning).
- Production. In this part of SAP Business One, you can maintain Bill of Materials master data as well as create Production orders.
- Project Management. SAP Business One provides the ability to define projects in this module.
- Material Requirements Planning. The MRP module is a source of forecasts related to needed items in sales/production. It also generates purchase order recommendations.
- Service. This place lets you maintain service contract management and create service calls.
- Human Resources. This SAP Business One part stores employee master data that includes such parameters as names, contact information, roles, etc.
Note that each module handles specific business tasks on its own. However, they are tightly connected with one another within one system. You also need to connect SAP Business One to an external source of data to fuel your ERP system. Your eBay account can become such a source. It is a perfect candidate for providing business information that the platform requires. Let’s see why we think so.
You can find more information about SAP B1 here: SAP Business One In-Depth Review.
eBay introduces a full-bodied business potential for online merchants. Unlike e-commerce systems that require much more time and effort to launch a storefront, eBay gives a user-friendly admin experience via its admin, providing you with a fully-featured e-commerce portal that is tied to millions of shoppers. So, what is eBay?
eBay is an American multinational e-commerce corporation that promotes consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website – an online auction and shopping platform in which people and businesses buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services all over the globe. While the system is free to use for buyers, sellers are charged fees for listing items after a limited number of free listings. Also, the website takes an additional fee when items are sold
As we’ve already mentioned, eBay’s original auction-style sales are not the only possible e-commerce opportunity. The website has expanded to the following areas:
- Instant “Buy It Now” shopping;
- Shopping by Universal Product Code, ISBN, or other kinds of SKU number;
- Online money transfers (no longer available);
- Online classified advertisements (third-party service);
- Online event ticket trading (Third-party service).
eBay is associated with the following three ways of procuring the inventory for your business:
- Get in touch with manufacturers to purchase products at a wholesale price and then resell them on eBay;
- Reach retail outlets to buy items at a discounted price and then re-sell them through your eBay;
- Create your own brand with unique goods and services.
Do you have your inventory stored somewhere beyond eBay? Contact us, and we will help you to transfer it into the system.
If you prefer one of the first two approaches, let’s identify the products you want to sell on eBay. Both strategies require conducting market research to pick the most profitable products. Keep the following traits in mind when choosing a product for your eBay store:
- Sell products with relatively high margins;
- Work in low or moderate competition;
- Choose small and lightweight to reduce storage and delivery costs;
- Prefer products with steady demand throughout the year;
- It would be excellent if you sell 10+ products per day.
So, these are widespread suggestions for your first endeavors to defeat Bay. However, if you are already an experienced seller, you might have got bored, waiting for the SAP Business One & eBay Integration to be explained.
SAP Business One eBay Integration
Now, let’s see, how to connect your eBay store to SAP B1. Remember that you can integrate Sap Business One with eBay and Firebear Studio will kindly help you do that. Contact us following the link below to get more information:
Sap Business One eBay Integration Free Quote
We can help you synchronize the eBay Customer Information between eBay and SAP Business One. Note that we transfer all customer details, including shipping info. Also, all the associated orders are fully synced.
We can help you link SAP Business One Items from Item Master Data of SAP Business One to eBay directly with their corresponding eBay Products ID, synchronizing products and descriptions. Furthermore, the opposite transfer is also possible. As for item attributes, they are automatically updated whenever a change occurs in either SAP Business One or eBay. The same is about prices: they are updated from SAP Business One to eBay and vice versa. We also map ERP Item Groups with eBay Product Categories to make any data transfer as precise as possible.
With the Firebear team, you can synchronize eBay orders to SAP Business One and save them there as Sales Orders along with order information like Line Items, Taxes, Shipping Charges, Discounts, etc.
As for the opposite direction of the SAP Business One and eBay Integration, we can help you automate syncing SAP Delivery information to eBay with tracking and carrier information. Our solution can consider SAP Business One delivery details while updating Order Status in eBay. Furthermore, customers get automated notifications about the shipment.
We sync inventory from SAP Business One to eBay: whenever a change occurs, ERP stock updates impact eBay product inventory. It also works in the opposite direction.
Outbound shipment Information and reports can be synced between SAP Business One and eBay. The corresponding data is automatically moved between the two systems when changes occur in one of them.
- Payments. The Firebear team lets you create A/R Downpayment Invoices from eBay Orders. Note that we support incoming Payments to SAP Business One.
- Refunds. If refunds are created on your eBay storefront, they are automatically converted into Credit Memos in SAP Business One.
Below, you will find principles that we rely upon in all our integrations. The SAP Business One eBay Integration also incorporates them.
We provide a two-way connection between any two systems, like SAP Business One and eBay. It is a groundbreaking feature of our tools that participate in the integration. We offer highly-configurable import and export profiles that can be customized according to the most demanding needs. The good news is that there is no need to set up both functionalities at the same time since import and export profiles are independent.
Our built-in scheduler provides the ability to fully automate your SAP Business One and eBay integration. You can create different update schedules for import and export processes associated with the same entity. For instance, it is necessary to transfer order data to SAP B1 daily:
- Go to your export profile and choose daily updates.
- Next, select the exact time of the transfer.
- If you need to provide SAP Business One with the new data before the scheduled, use the manual asynchronous mode.
- Next, proceed to your import profile and apply similar changes selecting the necessary frequency of updates.
We also dramatically simplify integrations with mapping. Our products let you match entities from one system to another, considering all their parameters. Note that it is necessary to match third-party attributes to the requirements of the accepting environment since data updates should always be edited according to the standards of the accepting platform. With the Firebear team, you get the ability to leverage the mapping grid that appears in every import and export profile. Create a corresponding mapping scheme matching any attributes to the rules and requirements of the accepting platform.
The intuitive mapping interface provides the ability to import files with any data to your store from any source. Column names are no longer important. You can also save and load the mapping profiles for further use, when you need to repeat import and export processes on a regular basis, just like in the case of the SAP Business One and eBay Integration.
We support multiple connection standards. Our products provide the ability to utilize data files of different types, including XML, CSX, XLSX, ODS, and Json formats.
We use Google Sheets for data transfers. You can sync all data between your store and this platform via our tools. Other data exchange points include Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, FTP/SFTP, and direct URL uploads. Besides, we use API connections for more complex integrations.
Don’t forget that we can help you integrate Sap Business One with lots of different systems. Contact us following the link below to get more information or get help with your particular business case:
Sap Business One eBay Integration Free Quote