Google Analytics has come back with great new feature i.e. Enhanced Ecommerce with new analytics.js. Enhanced Ecommerce gives you a detailed look at how users engage with your content in terms of viewing, adding or removing products from shopping basket; along with creating, leaving and completing orders.
It also gives you insight on many other dimensions like categories, products, brands, individual SKUs, variants etc. Insight on these dimensions help your business to see which brand or individual products are performing well and help you decide which products to be ordered from your vendors.
It allows you to send refund transaction information which wasn’t possible with old Google Analytics Tracking. You can also use product lists to represent catalog and search-result pages, related-products, cross-sell and up-sell. The product list performance report lets you see which product lists appeared to users, which products appeared in those lists, and then clicks, views and click-through rate for each list, list position and product. Now you can also send transactional data on invoice creation instead of order creation.
After spending months of development we managed to add all the features in our Magento plugin which you buy from our main store -:
Here are the main features of Magento Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking module-:
- It measures ecommerce activities like measuring impressions, measuring clicks, measure combination of impression and click, measure transaction, measure refunds
- It comes with different options provided by new Google universal tracking code including display feature, IP anonymization etc.
- It sends refund information to your Google Analytics account using non-interaction events
- It sends customer activity on your site to your Google Analytics account using non-interaction events which means you can see customer activity without affecting your bounce rate
- It supports Shopping and Checkout Behaviour Analysis Report
- It supports Product and Sales Performance Report
- It supports guest checkout functionality
- It tracks product Impressions, add to cart & product clicks events on category page
- It tracks product Impressions, add to cart & product clicks events on product page
- It tracks product Impressions, add to cart & product clicks events on advanced search and search result pages
- It tracks product Impressions, add to cart & product clicks events on related products
- It tracks product Impressions, add to cart & product clicks events on cross-sell products
- It tracks product Impressions, add to cart & product clicks events on up-sell products
- It support cross domain auto linking tracking using google’s autoLink plugin
- It can also send transactional data at the time of invoice creation using measurement protocol
- It supports all major checkouts including Firecheckout, IWD One Page Checkout, FME Quick Checkout and One Step Checkout modules
- It tracks promotional data like coupon code with transactions
- It measures complete checkout process including billing, shipping, shipping method, payment method and order review steps
- It measures checkout steps with user selected option For example, the user selects a shipping method or billing address or payment method etc.
- It measures transactions with specified local currency
Hope this article helped you in some way. Please leave us your comment and let us know what do you think? Thanks.