FridayÂ newslettersÂ always feature luxury travelÂ contests,Â tips,Â series, orÂ news.
Today (February 8, 2019):Â Soneva launches second âFestival of Colorâ campaign to celebrate unique experiences across its resorts.
As most of you know, I am a huge fan of spectacular hotels (and I assume most of you are as well since you are following my blog). Six Senses, Aman, Rosewood and Four Seasons rank amongÂ my favorite hotel brands. But none comes close to my absolute favorite hotel group in the world:Â Soneva. What I like so much about the SonevaÂ â and how they discriminate themselves from their high-end competitors â is their pursuit for excellence, the unique design of their resorts, their commitment to inspired living, their very smart take on barefoot luxury, their breathtaking âremote but accessibleâ natural locations, and their creation of authentic experiences (unlike any other). SonevaÂ manages four spectacular resorts in the Maldives and Thailand:
- Soneva Jani, theÂ Maldivesâ most exclusive resort
- Soneva Fushi, the Maldivesâ original hideaway
- Soneva in Aqua,Â the Maldivesâ first floating villa
- Soneva Kiri, the most exclusive resort inÂ Thailand
Readers of my blog can enjoy exceptional benefits at Soneva resorts, regardless of whether the booking was made via Soneva directly or via a travel agent (read more about it here). These benefits include:
- A complimentaryÂ upgradeÂ to the next villa category (subject to availability)
- A voucher ofÂ resort creditÂ valued at 10% of the total room revenue of the booking (when booking a Best Available Rate) or 5% of the total package revenue when booking one of the Soneva special packages. For example, if you book 7 nights at Soneva Kiri at a best available rate of $1300 USD per night, you will get a resort credit of 7 x $130 USD = $910 USD, which you can use on food, spa, and activities.
- OneÂ personalised experienceÂ for two adults. For example, at Soneva Jani, these experiences may include:
- Private Cinema Paradiso experience with dinner
- Father & son picnic and mother & daughter spa
- Private Dinner at the Starlight Table and a session at the observatory
- Cooking class for children and family
- Sunrise breakfast
- Gourmet dining experience which includes chocolate and wine tasting
And now may be the best time ever to book a stay at one of the Soneva resorts since Soneva has launched its second year-long campaign known as âFestival of Colorâ, offering a dazzling array of guest activities and unique experiences, ranging from visiting Michelin-starred chefs and astronomers, through to authors, champion free-divers, artists and more. Each month of 2019 will offer different experiences and is also associated with a different color and theme.Â Guests will be treated at the Soneva resorts to special color-themed movie screenings, cocktails, canapes and more.
Underscoring the Festival of Colour is a series of short âcolorâ films created by the renowned French film director Bruno Aveillan. Bruno visitedÂ Soneva FushiÂ andÂ Soneva Jani to shoot the films, which were inspired by the different colors he found at the resorts. Soneva releases one color film each month during the campaign on its website and on social media. For example, below is the clip released by Soneva to celebrate the month February and the color ‘pearl’:
As part of the Festival of Colour, Soneva has confirmed a huge line-up of visiting experts, including chefs, authors, wine producers, world-champion free-divers, astronomers, artists, wellness practitioners, tennis coaches and more at all resorts. To give you an idea, this is what is happening this month at Soneva Fushi in the Maldives:
- There are five Michelin-starred chefs visiting the resort in February: including the three-starred Esben Bang, the head chef and co-owner of Norwayâs Maaemo. Tom Aikenâs, who became the youngest British chef to win two Michelin stars at the age of 26. The two-starred Heiko Nieder, the one-starred Mark Lundgaard and one-starred Mathias Dahlgren will also be at the resort.
- Adding to the resortâs wellness offeringswHortensia Corredoira brings her unique multipronged approach to wellness and healing, which combines her academic and technical skills with her subtle perception of the root causes of tension.
- ChÃ¢teau Palmer, the famous winery that produces eminently complex wines, combining aromatic richness and extraordinary elegance with a beguiling velvet texture and remarkable ageing potential will be hosting a wine dinner and two wine tastings at Soneva Fushi.
âWeâre really focused on crafting these beautiful, beyond bespoke experiences where discovery is a way of life. With our expert hosts as personal guides, we invite our guests to explore and delight in experiences that will last a lifetime.Â Soneva has never been so full of LIFE,â said Sonu Shivdasani, Founder, CEO and Joint Creative Director of Soneva.Â LIFE stands for Learning, Inspiring, Fun, Experiences.
Contact meÂ if you want to book a stay at one of the Soneva resorts during the Color of Festival. Below is more information about each Soneva resort (with trip reports & Youtube clips).Â
SONEVA JANI, MALDIVESÂ
Soneva Jani isÂ the ultimate Maldivesâ luxury resort (and simply outclasses all of its competitors in the archipelago). It comprises 24 water villas and one island villa, with additional island villas planned at a later stage.Â Inspired by a word that meansÂ wisdomÂ in Sanskrit, Soneva Jani is located on the island of Medhufaru, which is part of an uninhabited five-island cluster in the Noonu Atoll. The highlight of the resort is its location within a 5.6 kilometer lagoon of crystal clear waters with uninterrupted 360Â° views of the Indian Ocean. The main island is fringed by pristine beaches and blanketed with lush tropical greenery.Â Every water villa hasÂ a private pool and opens to its own stretch of lagoon, with some villas featuring slides going directly from the top deck into the lagoon below. The highlight of the villas isÂ the retractable roof in the master bedroom, which slides back at the touch of a button so that guests can lie in bed and stargaze.
- Hotel website:Â Soneva Jani
- Top 10Â accolades:Â Soneva JaniÂ features in my top 10 listsÂ of theÂ most insanely beautiful resorts in the Maldives,Â theÂ most fabulous overwater villas in the Maldives,Â theÂ most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, andÂ my favorite hotels in the world.
- Review: readÂ my review of Soneva JaniÂ here.
SONEVA FUSHI, MALDIVES
Soneva Fushi, the Maldivesâ original desert island hideaway, is located in the stunnnig Baa Atoll island archipelago, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Massive, Robinson Crusoe-style, multi-bedroom luxury villasÂ and private residences are hidden among dense tropical foliage.Â In keeping with the castaway theme, many are built to resemble tree houses. All open to their own private stretch of sugarÂ white sands,Â and mostÂ boast their own private seawater swimming pools. Intuitive service is provided by Mr./Ms. Friday butlersÂ who know what you want before you want it.
- Hotel website:Â Soneva Fushi
- Top 10Â accolades: Soneva FushiÂ features in my top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury resorts in the Maldives,Â theÂ most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, theÂ best family hotels in the world, theÂ worldâs most insanely beautiful hotel beaches, and theÂ best resorts in the Maldives for snorkeling.
- Tip:Â enjoy free VIP amenities when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. villaÂ upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, welcome Champagne with MaldivianÂ tapas on arrival, one lunch for two, original handcrafted arrival and departure mementos, shoreline beach dinner, private sunset sailing by Dhoni at Baa Atoll, and a cooking class for two).
- Review: readÂ my review of Soneva FushiÂ here.
SONEVA KIRI, THAILAND
Remote yet accessible by a 70 minuteÂ flight from Bangkok on the resortâs private plane,Â Soneva KiriÂ sits onÂ Thailandâs 4th largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. One of the most exclusive beach resorts in the world, Soneva KiriÂ offers an unrivalled combination of luxury, environmentally friendly design and unforgettable, authentic Thai experiences.Â The 35 resort villas (including 11Â private residences) are amongst the largest in the world. Located on the idyllic beach or sunny slopes in the rainforest, all have stunning infinity pools, impossibly chic furnishings, personal electric buggies,Â and impeccable service courtesy ofÂ private butlers.Â Highlights include the open air cinema Paradiso, Benzâ mangrove restaurant, the chocolate & ice cream parlour, the childrenâs den, and the spectacular Treetop dining pod.
- Hotel website:Â Soneva Kiri
- Top 10 accolades: Soneva Kiri features in my top 10 lists of theÂ most insanely beautiful hotels in Thailand, theÂ worldâs most amazing beach resorts,Â theÂ worldâs most outrageous hotel experiences,Â Â theÂ best private plunge pools in the world, theÂ worldâs most beautiful hotel beaches, theÂ worldâs best luxury hotels,Â theÂ worldâs best family hotels,Â theÂ worldâs most remote hotels,Â theÂ most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, andÂ luxury hotels with private airports.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. villaÂ upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, welcome Champagne with Thai tapas on arrival, and a 30 minute spa treatment for two).
- Review: readÂ my review of Soneva KiriÂ here.
SONEVA IN AQUA, MALDIVES
SonevaÂ in Aqua is theÂ first floating villa in the Maldives and every honeymoonerâs dream. TheÂ pioneering new boat villa concept of the ultra luxeÂ Soneva hotel groupÂ combines all the benefits of the groupâs iconic resortâsÂ services and amenities with the freedom and exclusivity associated with a private boat charter.Â The two-cabin boat features a spacious main cabin with a glass bottom spaÂ and shower facilities, as well as a second room with a king-sized bed and en-suite facilities. Other features include an external raised sun and dining deck, a lower level bar and dining area plus daybeds, lounge seating and a jacuzzi.
- Hotel website:Â Soneva in Aqua
- Top 10 accolades: Soneva In Aqua features in my lists of theÂ 40 hottest luxury hotel openings ofÂ 2015Â and theÂ top 10 best honeymoon resorts in the world.
- Review: read my review of Soneva In AquaÂ here.
*** Follow me onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ orÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
The post Travel tip: Soneva launches 2019 âFestival of Colorâ campaign appeared first on the Luxury Travel Expert.