Monday newsletters always featureÂ top 10 travel listsÂ to inspire.
Today (December 24, 2018): Top 10 most luxurious resort spas in the world.
From time to time, discerning travelers need aÂ retreat to relax, a sanctuary to unwind, a place to escape from the busy humdrum of daily life. TheÂ worldâs most exclusive hotel brandsÂ are well aware of this, and offer a diverse range of luxury spa packages to pamper their high-end clients. Some ultra-luxurious hotel brands, such asÂ COMO hotelsÂ andÂ Six Senses,Â are even building their business models around health and wellbeing. So put on your spa robe and get ready to revitalize your body, mind, and soul at my selectionÂ of the top 10 best hotel spas in the world.
There is moreÂ information below the slide show.Â Think I missed one? Share your favorite spaÂ in theÂ comments section, or take myÂ pollÂ below!
Click to view slideshow.
*** Follow me onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
10. BOCA RATON RESORT & CLUB, A WALDORF ASTORIA RESORT, FLORIDA, USA
Boca Raton Resort & Club is essentially five boutique hotels in one luxury South Florida resort. Each accommodation has a unique essence and architectural style and gorgeous view of the resort, the marina, or the Atlantic Ocean. The resort’s deluxe Waldorf Astoria spa was built to resemble the Alhambra Palace in Spain and offers stunning architecture, grand arches, elaborate mosaics and luxuriant surroundings. With over 44 treatment rooms and a vast range of signature treatments, the spa comes with magnificent pools and luxuriant gardens, providing the perfect Florida retreat. You can choose from an impressive selection of facials, massages, baths, wraps and scrubs to improve overall health and well-being, or indulge in signature services, including the Ritual Bath, designed to take you on a journey of unparalleled tranquility.
- Hotel website: Boca Raton Resort & Club, a Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD resortÂ credit).
9. BANYAN TREE MAYAKOBA, RIVIERA MAYA, MEXICO
Nestled within the private gated integrated resort development of Mayakoba on the Riviera Maya, Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a five-star, all pool villa resort that blends Asian hospitality with the idyllic passion of Mexico. As a spa innovator, Banyan Tree Spa Mayakoba introduced âthe rainforestâ, a complete hydrothermal experience combining the best of European spa and hydrothermal therapy with the essence of Asian wellness philosophy to create a haven of serenity, warmth and comfort. Banyan Tree Spa therapists undergo formal training at Banyan Tree Spa Academies in Bintan in Indonesia, Phuket in Thailand and Lijiang in China, ensuring that each spa experience is of a high level of consistency and quality that Banyan Tree is renowned for across the globe.
- Hotel website:Â Banyan Tree Mayakoba
- Other accolades:Â Banyan Tree Mayakoba also features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ most amazing hotel lobbies in the world,Â theÂ worldâs best family hotels, theÂ best hotels & resorts in Mexico, andÂ my favorite Banyan Tree hotels & resorts.
- Tip:Â get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 to $200 USD resort credit, preferential green fees at the El Camaleon golf course, early check in, and late check out).
- Review: read myÂ review of the Banyan Tree MayakobaÂ here.
8. MANDARIN ORIENTAL BODRUM, TURKEY
With an idyllic location in Bodrumâs secluded Paradise Bay, two private beaches, a range of fabulous gourmet restaurants, and a choice of stylish rooms, suites and villas, thisÂ uber-luxurious resort will seduce even the most discerning traveler to lie back, relax and savor the moment. The first beach resort of the Mandarin Oriental hotel groupÂ is so phenomenal that itÂ makes the nicest 5 star resorts look like a cheap motel. Itâs my preferred luxury hotel in the area because of its beautiful minimalist esthetics and gorgeous beach.Â Spread over three levels, the resort’s world-class spa enjoys a wonderfully nurturing atmosphere, enhanced by excellent facilities and uplifting views over the Aegean Sea. The spa features eight treatment rooms, several outdoorÂ cabanas, luxurious hammams with private scrub rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, saunas and steam rooms.
- Hotel website:Â Mandarin Oriental Bodrum
- Other accolades: Mandarin Oriental Bodrum features in my top 10 lists of theÂ worldâs best family hotels, theÂ best luxury hotel in Turkey, and the best resorts in Bodrum.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g.Â roomÂ upgrade, daily breakfast,Â early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD hotel credit).
- Review: readÂ my review of the Mandarin Oriental Bodrum hotelÂ here.
7. FOUR SEASONS RESORT SEYCHELLES
Set in the heart of a lost Eden, Four Seasons Resort Seychelles offers guests an unrivaled luxury hotel experience in a natural jungle setting along a pristine bay. The resortâsÂ villas, each with plunge pool and perched on a jungled hillside, will challenge your notion of paradise. The powder-sand beach is just a short stroll away, scented en-route by cinnamon trees and frangipani. As well as indulging in water sports, thereâs a lovely swimming pool to relax by with poolside dining and refreshments readily available.Â High above the bay, the hilltop spa epitomizes the resortâs sense of tranquility and seclusion. Here, you can sip on a delicious iced cinnamon and vanilla infusion as you take in the breathtaking view from the relaxation area, before you enjoy one of a range of facial, body or massage treatments in one of the seven individual and coupleâs treatment pavilions.
- Hotel website:Â Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Other accolades:Â Four Seasons Resort SeychellesÂ also features in my top 10 lists of the best resorts in the Seychelles andÂ worldâs best hotel rooms with private plunge pools.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD resort credit).
- Review: coming soon.
6. SIX SENSES DOURU VALLEY, PORTUGAL
Located in the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage area of the Douro Valley, the first European Six Senses resort is housed in aÂ superbly renovated 19th-century manor house set high on a hill overlooking the vine covered rolling hills and the river below.Â The resort comprises 57 guest accommodations, featuring a dÃ©cor of light greys and sandy tones that blends nature with Portuguese traditional design. Most guests come to destress with wine tastings and vinotherapy treatments in the sublime 10-room spa.Â Six Senses speciality treatments and multi-day programs are featured together with locally inspired therapies, some of which are grape and citrus fruit based.Â There is also a heated indoor pool with water jets, an outdoor pool, and refreshment bar.
- Hotel website: Six Senses Douru Valley
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD resort credit).
5. THE DHARA DHEVI, CHIANG MAI, THAILAND
Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai, is one of Asiaâs most fabulous resorts, spread over 60 acres of picturesque rice paddies, tropical hardwoods and exotic plantations.Â The resortâs design draws heavily from the architecture of the historic Lanna Kingdom, that reigned over Northern Thailand for more than 500 years. Ancient palace-like structures, traditional Lanna-style villas and delightful colonial mansions house luxurious accommodations, fine-diningÂ restaurants and superb recreational facilities. The resort’s spa is a palatial sanctuary, embellished with ornate mouldings and sculptures depicting sacred animals or symbolic Buddhist motifs. The entire structure took over three and a half years to complete.Â There are 11 treatment rooms, and there is aÂ range of holistic treatments and spa treatments on offer.
- Hotel website:Â The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
- Other accolades: Dhara Dhevi Chiang MaiÂ features in my top 10 list of theÂ best luxury hotels in Thailand.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
- Review: read my review of The Dhara Dhevi here.
4. THE CHEDI ANDERMATT, SWITZERLAND
Surrounded by the spectacular beauty of the Swiss Alps, The Chedi Andermatt nestles elegantly inÂ the idyllic heart of Andermatt, a village of timeless charms in the Urseren Valley, about a two-hour train ride from Zurich. ForÂ GHMâs first European property, the Asian brand synonymous with style, service and serenity chose renowned architect Jean-Michael Gathy to design the 105 spacious guest rooms and suites. Traditional materials such as warm woods and natural stone create intimate yet visually striking accommodations while the extensive facilities include fine restaurants and cosy lounges, a ski-in living room with sports boutique, and a comprehensive spa and wellness centre with a tranquil retreat of hydrothermal baths and a duo of swimming pools.
- Hotel website:Â The Chedi Andermatt
- Other accolades:Â The Chedi Andermatt features in my top 10 lists ofÂ theÂ worldâs best indoor poolsÂ and the best ski resorts in Europe.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g.Â roomÂ upgrade, daily breakfast,Â early check-in, late check-out, $100 USD hotel credit, and a Swiss chocolate platter served with a bottle of Champagne).
3. ST REGIS MALDIVES VOMMULI RESORT, MALDIVES
A 40-minute seaplane ride from MalÃ© airport, the St Regis Maldives isÂ located on a private atoll, surrounded by unspoiled beaches and a secluded lagoon with sparkling turquoise waters. Boasting refined furnishings and island-inspired design, each of the 33 on-land and 44 over-water villas promises picturesque ocean or garden views from private terraces and pools. Guests have access to an infinity swimming pool, a dive center, severalÂ terrific dining venues, and a phenomenal overwater spa. Each of the spa’s six couple treatment suites – including two Ayurvedic suites with private steam rooms – offers a refined retreat.Â Situated on a covered terrace and commanding picturesque ocean vistas, the spa’s Blue Hole Pool is the most expansive hydrotherapy pool in the Maldives.
- Hotel website:Â The St Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
- Other accolades: The St Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort alsoÂ features in myÂ lists ofÂ theÂ best overwater villas in the Maldives, the best hotels in the Maldives, and theÂ bestÂ new luxury hotels of 2016.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, welcome bottle of Champagne,Â one time Hydrotherapy Blue hole experience per villa, and $300 USD resort credit).
- Review: read my review of the St Regis Maldives Vommuli ResortÂ here.
2. COMO SHAMBHALA ESTATE, BALI, INDONESIA
Located in the breathtaking rainforest surrounding Ubud, COMO Shambhala Estate immerses its guests in a positive, holistic and healing experience from the moment of arrival. ItÂ isnât just a luxury resort. Nor is it just a top-notch health retreat. Itâs a sumptuous combination of the two, staggered up the steep slopes of the sacred Ayung river gorge. Five multi-suite residences are themed after natureâs elements, with a variety of private villas for a sense of oneness with the pristine setting. Each features butler service and an infinity swimming pool. Guests enjoy healthful and energizing COMO Shambhala cuisine and the aid of professional nutritionists; de-stress in the springs and the holistic spa; and renew with renowned healers, yoga masters and life coaches.
- Hotel website:Â COMO Shambhala Estate
- Other accolades: COMO Shambhala EstateÂ also features in myÂ top 10 lists of the best hotels in Ubud, theÂ worldâs most luxurious rainforest retreats,Â and theÂ most beautiful hotel pools in the world.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD resortÂ credit).
- Review: read myÂ review of COMO Shambhala EstateÂ here.
1. AMANOI, VIETNAM
Amanoi is a tranquil, ultraluxe retreat situated on a gorgeous golden sand beach in Nui Chua National Park, northeast of Ho Chi Minh City.Â The resortâs polished, slate pagodas peek outÂ from a lush green landscape, while its infinity edged pool overlooks the vast ocean. Amanoi offers total privacy in beautifully designed accommodations that are located in 31 Pavilions, a number with private swimming pools, andÂ five Aman Villas, all positioned on the hillside with impressive views.Â The property also features a superb wellness center, offering a journey of reawakening and relaxation via ancient healing modalities and modern spa treatments. Surrounded by the rolling hills of the national park, the wellness complex lies beside a lotus-filled lake. Facilities include five double treatment rooms, all with unique double bathtubs, private dressing areas and showers.
- Hotel website:Â Amanoi
- Other accolades: Amanoi also features in my lists of theÂ hottest luxuryÂ hotel openings of 2013, theÂ 10 best Aman hotels in the world, the best resorts in Vietnam, and theÂ 10 best beach retreats in Asia.
- Tip:Â enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. villa upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and one complimentary lunchÂ for two).
- Review: readÂ my review of Amanoi here.
*** Follow me onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
Take Our Poll
The post Top 10 best hotel spas in the world appeared first on the Luxury Travel Expert.