MondayÂ newslettersÂ always featureÂ top 10 travel listsÂ to inspire.
Today (December 10,2018): Top 10 best hotels in the world.
TheÂ questionÂ I amÂ asked most often is âwhat is your favorite hotel in the world?â. Itâs somewhat difficult to answer that question since I prefer to rankÂ hotels in different categories according to the experience they offer, whether it be a city break,Â a romantic getaway, a wilderness experience or a beach holiday. Nevertheless, there are a few luxury hotels that have left such an overwhelmingÂ impression on me that I rank them amongst my most memorable travel experiences ever. So, here you go: this is my top 10 list of the worldâs most beautiful and amazing luxury hotels (and I highly recommend to put them on your bucket list as well).
There is moreÂ information (with reviews and Youtube clips) below the slideshow. Think I missed one? Share your favorite hotelÂ in theÂ comments section, or take myÂ pollÂ below.
Click to view slideshow.
*** Follow me onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
10. PARK HYATT SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Seated majestically on one of the worldâs most beautiful harbours, Park Hyatt Sydney perfectly personifies contemporary harbourside luxury with its coveted location between the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Reminiscent of an exclusive harbourside residence, Park Hyatt Sydney offers intimate surrounds with architecture, art and design that reflect the Australian landscape. Highlights include 155 spacious guestrooms and suites with contemporary interiors and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to private balconies, some with stunning views of the Opera House. Thereâs a lot to love about Sydneyâs most luxurious hotel, but the jewel in this hotelâs crown is the outdoor rooftop swimming pool, with spa, private sun-deck, cabanas, and magnificent views of the Sydney skyline.
- Hotel website:Â Park Hyatt Sydney
- Other accolades: Park Hyatt Sydney also features in my top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury hotels in Australia, theÂ worldâs most spectacular hotel rooftops,Â theÂ worldâs most spectacular rooftop pools, theÂ worldâs best city hotels, andÂ luxury hotels loved by celebrities.
- Tip:Â get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (upgrade on arrival, dailyÂ continental breakfast, $100 USD spa credit, early check-in and late check-out).
- Review: readÂ my review of Park Hyatt SydneyÂ here.
9. &BEYOND MNEMBA ISLAND, ZANZIBAR, TANZANIA
If you have ever harbored the secret wish of finding yourself the sole inhabitant of a beautiful tropical island, but without the effort of having to lift a finger to fend for yourself, &Beyond Mnemba Island is just the place for you. This romantic, private hideaway is an award-winning barefoot beach paradise just off the northeast coast of Zanzibar, accommodating a maximum of 20 guests at a time. Guest relax and unwind in the exclusivity of their own stretch of beachfront, whereÂ ten beachside bandas peep out onto unblemished sands from the dappled shade of the casuarina pine forest and overlook the Mnemba atoll (a scuba diverâs delight). From snorkeling, swimming, and kayaking to massages in the beach, to doing nothing at all, &Beyond Mnemba Island has something for everyone.
- Hotel website:Â &Beyond Mnemba Island
- Other accolades: &Beyond Mnemba Island also features in my top 10 lists of theÂ most exclusive, private island retreats in the world,Â theÂ best luxury hotels in Tanzania, the most stunning resorts in Zanzibar, andÂ Africaâs most astonishing beach retreats.
- Review: read my review of &Beyond Mnemba IslandÂ here.
8. BELMOND HOTEL CARUSO, AMALFI COAST, ITALY
Situated in the most spectacular location, almost suspended between sea and sky, Belmond Hotel Caruso occupies a former medieval palace at the highest, quietest point of Ravello, overlooking the rocks and cliffs of Italyâs Amalfi Coast and the Mediterranean (or, more correctly, Tyrrhenian) Sea. With frescoed salons, arched stone vaults and just 50 highly individual rooms and suites occupying every shape and corner of the ancient palaceâs architecture, it is an intimate retreat with an intriguing sense of history. But above all, with its rose arbor leading to one of the worldâs most spectacular infinity pools, with sunlit or candlelit dining in the Belvedere Restaurant, and with a rich sense of its past as a retreat for presidents, writers and film stars, the hotel is almost impossibly romantic.
- Hotel website:Â Belmond Hotel Caruso
- Other accolades: Belmond Hotel Caruso also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Italy, the worldâs most spectacular cliffside luxury hotels, theÂ worldâs most stunning hotel pools, and theÂ best luxury hotels on Capri, Ischia & the Amalfi Coast.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, $100 USD food & beverage credit, early check-in, late check-out, and daily breakfast for 2).
- Review: read my review of Belmond Hotel CarusoÂ here.
7. SIX SENSES ZIGHY BAY, OMAN
Six Senses Zighy BayÂ is an ultra-luxurious âhidden gemâ, locatedÂ on Omanâs northern Musandam Peninsula, only a scenic two-hour car journey (but a world apart) from Dubai. The setting of this beautiful indigenous village-style resortÂ with its private marina is spectacular, with dramatic mountains on one side, and a 1.6 kilometer (1 mile) sandy beach on the other. The resort gives the feeling of exotic remoteness, yet offers every comfort, easy accessibility and barefoot luxury beyond imagination.Â The accommodations areÂ inspired by traditional Omani houses andÂ featureÂ high indigenous-style ceilings, colorfully cushioned living area and cloudlike bed made with unbleached cotton sheets topped with your choice of ergonomic pillows. All villas have a private pool, where guests can refresh within the privacy of high cobblestone walls.
- Hotel website:Â Six Senses Zighy Bay
- Other accolades: Six Senses Zighy Bay alsoÂ features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury hotels in Oman, theÂ best health spas in the world, theÂ worldâs most amazing beach hotels, theÂ worldâs most over-the-top hotel experiences,Â andÂ restaurants with views that match the food.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. upgrade, free breakfast, a massage for two people, early check-in and late check-out).
- Review: coming soon
6. AMANZOE, GREECE
Amanzoe is a hilltop property, laying amongst centuries old olive groves, boasting panoramic views of the Peloponnese countryside, the glittering tranquil sea, the neighbouring vineyards, and the awe-inspiring mountains.Â The property is located within easy reach of a wealth of archaeological sites and the cosmopolitan island of Spetses. Designed by quintessential Aman architect, the legendary Ed Tuttle, this exclusive haven of unsurpassed beauty has quickly become the Mediterranean playground of those in the know.Â Classically inspired yet sleekly contemporary, Amanzoeâs Pavilions and Villas open to expansive private terraces, creating a seamless extension of the airy interiors and an unrivalled sense of space and seclusion. A stoneâs throw away, the Amanzoe beach club comes with two lap pools and two childrenâs pools and provides fun and games in total privacy by the water.
- Hotel website:Â Amanzoe
- Other accolades: Amanzoe also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Greece, the most astonishing beach retreats in Europe, andÂ my favorite Aman resorts in the world.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking Amanzoe viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and one lunch for 2).
- Review: read my review of AmanzoeÂ here.
5. ROYAL MALEWANE, SOUTH AFRICA
Royal Malewane is a luxury safari lodge with only 7 one- to six-bedroom villas, located in Thornybush private game reserve on the western border of the Kruger National Park. The lodge, which has Bill Gates, Bono and Elton John among its repeat guests, exudes the romance and beauty of a bygone age while offering every modern comfort and convenience. Here, the classic safari experience is unsurpassed with unrivaled Big Five game viewing and the countryâsÂ most qualified guiding team, who will provide detailed insights into the complex and fascinating ecosystems of the South African bushveld. Guests can alsoÂ indulge in sensual treatments at the tranquil waters of Royal Malewaneâs Bush Spa and enjoyÂ nightly feasts under the African stars.
- Hotel website:Â Royal Malewane
- Other accolades: Royal MalewaneÂ also features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury hotels in South Africa, the most insanely beautiful safari lodges in AfricaÂ and theÂ most exclusiveÂ safari lodges in South Africa.
- Review: readÂ my review of Royal Malewane here.
4. AMAN TOKYO, JAPAN
Occupying the top six floors of the recently-built Otemachi Tower, Aman Tokyo is an urban sanctuary high above the atmospheric whirl of tradition and modernity that epitomises Tokyo. The hotel draws its design inspiration from traditional Japanese residential structures, with classic Japanese materials such as timber, Washi paper and stone blended to great effect with modern technology and luxurious fabrics. The hotel hasÂ 84 rooms and suites, all with unique layouts, magnificent city views and every contemporary convenience. Each room has a large ‘furo’,Â a deep soaking tub intrinsic to the Japanese ritual of bathing.Â There is also a continuous reference to nature, from the hotelâs inner garden in the phenomenal lobby, to the fabrics and art incorporated into the design.
- Hotel website:Â Aman Tokyo
- Other accolades: Aman TokyoÂ also features in my top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury hotels in Japan, theÂ best Aman hotels in the world,Â theÂ most amazing hotel lobbies in the world, and theÂ best luxury hotels in Tokyo.
- Tip:Â enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, andÂ $100 USD food & beverageÂ credit).
- Review: readÂ my review of Aman Tokyo here.
3. SONEVA KIRI, THAILAND
Remote yet accessible by a 90 minuteÂ flight from Bangkok on the resortâs private plane, Soneva Kiri sits onÂ Thailandâs 4th largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. One of the most exclusive resorts in the world, Soneva KiriÂ offers an unrivaled combination of luxury, environmentally friendly design and unforgettable, authentic Thai experiences.Â The 36Â resort villas (including 11Â private residences) are amongst the largest in the world. Located on the idyllic beach or sunny slopes in the rainforest, all have stunning infinity pools, impossibly chic furnishings, personal electric buggies,Â and impeccable service courtesy ofÂ private butlers.Â Highlights include the open air cinema Paradiso, Benzâ mangrove restaurant, the chocolate & ice cream parlour, the childrenâs den and the spectacular Treetop dining pod.
Contact meÂ to receive complimentaryÂ Soneva ambassador benefitsÂ at Soneva Kiri (e.g. upgrade, resort credit, and a personalized Soneva experience).
- Hotel website:Â Soneva Kiri
- Top 10 accolades: Soneva Kiri features in my top 10 lists of theÂ most insanely beautiful hotels in Thailand, theÂ worldâs most amazing beach resorts,Â theÂ worldâs most outrageous hotel experiences,Â Â theÂ best private plunge pools in the world, theÂ worldâs most beautiful hotel beaches, theÂ worldâs best luxury hotels,Â theÂ worldâs best family hotels,Â theÂ worldâs most remote hotels,Â theÂ most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, andÂ luxury hotels with private airports.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. villaÂ upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, welcome Champagne with Thai tapas on arrival, and a 30 minute spa treatment for two).
- Review: readÂ my review of Soneva KiriÂ here.
2. NORTH ISLAND, SEYCHELLES
North Island has a reputationÂ as worldâs most exclusive hideaway and I am still blown away by my visit a couple of years ago. The insanely beautiful island has only 11 opulent hand-crafted villas overlooking the pristine, powder-white sands and turquoise waters of the Ile Du Nord eco-reserve. Raised off the ground to catch the cooling Indian Ocean breezes, all villas open up onto your private garden and the beach. Plunge pools and outdoor showers provide the finishing touches to your private sanctuary.Â The islandâs lounge and dining areas, scenically located health spa and gym, library and dive centre, and a rim-flow swimming pool are all built into a granitic outcrop. Keep an eye out for Brutus, the islandâs 160-year-old tortoise. The resort was the decor for honeymoon of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.
- Hotel website:Â North Island
- Other accolades:Â North IslandÂ also featuresÂ Â in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ best resorts in the Seychelles, theÂ worldâs most exclusive private island resorts, Â theÂ worldâs most expensive hotels, theÂ worldâs best honeymoon resorts, andÂ Africaâs most astonishing beach retreats.
- Review: readÂ my review of North Island SeychellesÂ here.
1. SONEVA JANI, MALDIVES
Inspired by a word that meansÂ wisdomÂ in Sanskrit, Soneva Jani is located on Medhufaru island, which is part of an uninhabited five-island cluster in the Noonu Atoll. TheÂ Maldivesâ most exclusive hotel, and my absolutely favorite hotel in the world, is fringed by pristine beaches, blanketed with lush tropical greenery, and surrounded byÂ a 5.6 km (3,4 mi)Â lagoon of crystal clear waters with uninterrupted 360Â° views of the Indian Ocean. Currently, Soneva Jani features 24 water villas and one beach villa, although additional beach villas are planned at a later stage. Each one of the 24Â water villas is superbly designed and has a private pool and opens to its own stretch of lagoon, with some villas featuring slides going directly from the top deck into the lagoon below. The highlight of the villas isÂ the retractable roof in the master bedroom, which slides back at the touch of a button so that guests can lie in bed and stargaze. Soneva Jani is the sister resort of the equally stunning Soneva Fushi resort, which features Robinson Crusoe-style, multi-bedroom luxury villas hidden among dense tropical foliage on the Maldives’ most beautiful island.
Contact me to receiveÂ complimentaryÂ Soneva ambassador benefitsÂ at Soneva Jani or Fushi (e.g. upgrade, resort credit, and a personalized Soneva experience).
- Hotel website:Â Soneva Jani
- Top 10Â accolades:Â Soneva JaniÂ features in my top 10 listsÂ of theÂ most insanely beautiful resorts in the Maldives,Â theÂ most fabulous overwater villas in the Maldives,Â theÂ most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, andÂ my favorite hotels in the world.
- Review: readÂ my review of Soneva JaniÂ here.
*** Follow me onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
Take Our Poll
The post Top 10 best hotels in the world appeared first on the Luxury Travel Expert.