MondayÂ newslettersÂ always featureÂ top 10 travel listsÂ to inspire.
Today (September 3, 2018): Top 10 most spectacularÂ swimming pools in the world.
Swimming pools are the heart and center of action of every luxury hotel. Itâs the place where their guests can relax, socialize, see and be seen. So, it should come as no surprise that hotelsÂ go out of their way to make sure theirÂ pools represent idyllic escapes from the hectic pace of daily life and that they feature them prominently on their websites and social media to lure news guests. Here’s my round-up of the top 10 most beautiful hotel pools in the world (or at least those that impressed me the most during all my travels around the globe).
There is moreÂ information below the slideshow.Â Think IÂ missed one? Share your favorite hotel poolÂ in theÂ comments section, or take myÂ pollÂ below!
Click to view slideshow.
*** Follow me onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
10. FOUR SEASONS SAFARI LODGE SERENGETI, TANZANIA
The Four Seasons Safari Lodge is located deep in the heart of Tanzania’s celebrated wildlife reserve, the Serengeti, where the Big Five â the lion, the leopard, the buffalo, the elephant and the rhinoceros â run free. Perched on a series of elevated platforms and walkways, the lodge sits next to an animal watering hole, where you can watch families of elephants stop for their morning drink as you take a dip in the magnificent free-form infinity pool. The latter also overlooks the endless, untamed landscape of the Serengeti plains, the ideal vantage point for thrilling wildlife observations.
- Hotel website:Â Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti
- Other accolades:Â Four SeasonsÂ Safari Lodge Serengeti also features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in Tanzania.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, and $100 USD spaÂ credit).
9. ST REGIS LHASA, TIBET, CHINA
This is the only indoor pool in myÂ list. Surrounded by the towering mountain peaks of the Himalayas, St Regis Lhasa Resort bills itself as âstanding on the roof of the worldâ. Facing the jaw-dropping Potala Palace, it houses 162 guest rooms, villas, and suites, boasts 24-hour butler service, and owns Tibetâs first ever fine-dining restaurant. But what sets the St Regis Lhasa apart is its âGolden Energy Poolâ lined with thousands of tiles plated in gold. The pool contains therapeutic salt water constantly heated to 28-32Â°C (82-90Â° F). An indulgent treat for anyone with a thing for bling!
- Hotel website:Â St Regis Lhasa
- Other top 10 accolades:Â The St. Regis Lhasa Resort also features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury hotels in ChinaÂ and theÂ worldâs most stunning indoor hotel pools.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g.Â roomÂ upgrade, daily breakfast for 2, $100 USD hotelÂ credit, early check-in and late check-out).
8. MARINA BAY SANDS HOTEL, SINGAPORE
The most expensive hotel ever built, the Marina Bay Sands hotel comprises three 55-storey towers, 2,560 luxury rooms and suites, and 18 different room types. Crowning the three hotel towers at 200 m (656 ft) in the sky, the Sands SkyPark rooftop stretches longer than the Eiffel tower or four A380 Jumbo JetsÂ when laid down. The Sands SkyParkÂ is also home to the worldâs largest public cantilever housing a public observatory deck, lush gardens, exclusive restaurants and a stunning 150 m (492 ft) infinity-edged pool to complete the luxurious experience.
- Hotel website:Â Marina Bay Sands Hotel
- Other top 10 accolades:Â Marina Bay Sands Hotel hotel also features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ worldâs most spectacular hotel rooftops, the world’s most instagrammable hotels, and the world’s best urban resorts.
- Review: coming soon
7. VILLA DâESTE, LAKE COMO, ITALY
A former 16th century residence of European aristocrats, converted into a resort in 1873, Villa D’Este has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable decor and extraordinary hospitality. Here, guests can experience the splendor, the grandeur, and the intrigue of the Renaissance while overlooking glorious Lake Como. The hotel has a unique pool floating on the lake, with a built-in Jacuzzi and stunning views everywhere.
- Hotel website:Â Villa dâEste
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g.Â roomÂ upgrade, daily breakfast for 2, complimentary mini bar replenished once a day, early check-in and late check-out; for stays of 3 and 4 nights: one 3-course lunch; for stays ofÂ minimum 5 nights: one 3-course dinner).
6. THE OBEROI UDAIVILAS, UDAIPUR, INDIA
Udaipur, in the heart of Rajasthan, is a city of majestic palaces and beautiful lakes. Here, adorning the banks of Lake Pichola and standing witness to the historic City Palace, the Oberoi Udaivilas captures the romance and splendor of a royal era. Conceived as aÂ traditional Indian palace, the hotel showcases the rich heritage ofÂ Rajasthan with its rambling courtyards, gentle rippling fountains, and verdant gardens. In addition, the hotel is surrounded by two magnificent swimming pools, one facing the lake and one centering a large green courtyard.
- Hotel website:Â The Oberoi Udaivilas
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g.Â roomÂ upgrade, daily breakfast for 2,Â fruit basket, one lunch for 2, early check-in and late check-out).
5. AMANGIRI, USA
Overlooking starkly beautiful desert scenery and the Southwestâs iconic flat-topped mesa rock formations, Amangiri is located in the USAâs Grand Circle region.Â The resort’s stunning architecture blends seamlessly into its dramatic natural surroundings. Amangiriâs 34 suites are situated in two wings which sweep from each side of the resortâs main pavilion.Â The amazing swimming pool is set within a sunken courtyard framed by a rock escarpment.
- Hotel website:Â Amangiri
- Other top 10 accolades: Amangiri alsoÂ features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ best resort & hotels in the USA, theÂ worldâs best wilderness resorts, theÂ worldâs best hotel room views,Â theÂ worldâs best luxury hotels, theÂ worldâs most luxurious desert retreats, the world’s most instagrammable hotels, andÂ my favorite Aman resorts in the world.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, a 30 minute scalp massage or neck/shoulder massage, and a toiletry kit with Amangiriâs signature sage shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and body wash).
4. BELMOND HOTEL CARUSO, RAVELLO, ITALY
Located along the Amalfi Riviera, Europeâs most spectacular stretch of coast, 11th-century palace-turned-resort Caruso Belmond offers breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea from its gorgeous infinity pool, seemingly suspended between sky and sea.Â No less impressive are the hotelâs terraced gardens and grounds, which feature native olive, lemon and pomegranate rows, as well as an original chapel with a Baroque altar, frescoes, a former priestsâ quarter, and a stunning infinity pool.
- Hotel website:Â Belmond Hotel Caruso
- Other top 10 accolades: Belmond Hotel Caruso also features in my top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury hotels in Italy,Â theÂ worldâs most spectacular cliffside luxury hotels, and theÂ best luxury hotels on Capri, Ischia, and the Amalfi Coast.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast for 2, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD resort credit).
- Review: read my review of Belmond Hotel CarusoÂ here.
3. HUVAFEN FUSHI, MALDIVES
The Maldives is one of theÂ worldâs most beautiful beach destinations, and boutiqueÂ hotel Huvafen Fushi was one of its pioneer hotels and still delivers. It is located in a ridiculously clear lagoon, where you can relax on your own private stretch of sugar white sand or snorkel in one of the Maldives best house reefs. The large lagoon-like infinity-edged pool bleeds into the watery horizon of the Indian Ocean and is surrounded by four-poster day beds; by night, itâs romantically lit with fibre-optic lights and reflects the inky sky.
- Hotel website:Â Huvafen Fushi
- Other accolades: Huvanfen Fushi also features in my top 10 list of the world’s best underwater hotels.
2. AMANKILA, BALI, INDONESIA
With sacred Mount Agung as its backdrop and unimpeded views of the Lombok Strait, Amankila enjoys a breathtaking hilltop spot on Baliâs east coast. References to Balinese culture abound â in the motifs inspired by the water palace at nearby Ujung; in the paras stone decorating the stilted and thatched 33 suites (nine with private pools); and in the spectacular infinity pool that cascades in three tiers down the hillside, reminiscent of a rice paddy.
- Hotel website: Amankila
- Tip:Â enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out ,and one complimentary lunch for two).
- Review: coming soon
1. GRACE SANTORINI, GREECE
Located in the romantic setting of Imerovigli in the northwest of the island, high above Santoriniâs Caldera, Grace Santorini is the perfect vantage point from which to enjoy the famed Santorini island sunsets that envelop Greeceâs Cyclades Islands. The exquisite infinity pool, the largest of its kind in Santorini, offers bathers stunning uninterrupted views across the caldera â the ultimate transporting experience thatÂ defines a holiday in Santorini.
- Hotel website:Â Grace Santorini
- Other top 10 accolades: Grace Santorini also features in my top 10 lists of theÂ worldâs best honeymoon resorts, the best hotels in Greece, and the best hotels in Santorini.
- Tip: enjoy complimentary VIP perks when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, complimentary one-way private airport transfers, welcome amenity of bottle of champagne, fruit and chocolates, early check-in, and late check-out).
- Review: read my review of Grace Santorini here.
*** Follow meÂ onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
Take Our Poll
The post Top 10 most amazingÂ hotel pools in the world appeared first on the Luxury Travel Expert.