MondayÂ newslettersÂ always featureÂ top 10 travel listsÂ to inspire.
Today (June 11, 2018):Â Top 10 best treehouse hotels in the world.
Most of us have had that everlasting longing for a treehouse ever since we were children. There is something about hiding up in the trees surrounded by the blissful sounds of nature that has called to all of us at least once or twice. Make all of your treehouse dreams come true in my selection of 10 stunning treehouse hotels across the globe.
Thereâs more info below the slide show.Â Think IÂ missed one? Share your favorite treehouse hotel in theÂ comments section, or takeÂ myÂ pollÂ below!
Click to view slideshow.
*** Follow meÂ onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a dailyÂ moment of travel inspiration ***
10. TREEHOTEL, SWEDEN
Why not create a hotel that gives people a chance to experience nature amongst the tree-tops, while also providing a uniquely designed housing experience? These questions ledÂ Scandinaviaâs leading architects to createÂ Treehotel in the pine forest of Swedish Lapland, where seven rooms are suspended 4-6 meters (13-20 ft) above ground with spectacular views of theÂ Lule River valley, miles of forest and a powerful river.Â The Mirrorcube is the hotelâs mostÂ exciting accommodation, camouflaged by mirrored walls that reflect the Northern Lights and the surrounding boreal fores. Guests here indulge in meals made with the freshest local produce and enjoy excursions such as fat-biking through the taiga, dog sledding, and family ice-fishing trips. Treehotel was inspired by the film âThe Tree Loverâ by Jonas Selberg Augustsen.
- Hotel website:Â Treehotel
- Other accolades: Treehotel also features in my top 10 list of the quirkiest hotels in the world.
9. POST RANCH INN, USA
Nestled on the cliffs ofÂ California’s Big Sur, Post Ranch Inn offers a perfect palette that balances its stunning natural setting with uniquely designed rooms, award-winning dining, and a signature spa experience. The luxury resortâs organic architecture embraces the dramatic beauty of the Big Sur coastline, seeming to grow out of the ground beside the hotelâs surrounding redwoods. The lodge features 39 rooms, including several free-standing tree houses built on stilts 3 m (9 ft) off the forest ground to protect the delicate root balls below. Triangular in shape, each tree house features a king-sized bed, window seat, desk, fireplace, and skylight to watch the stars from your bed each evening. From Post Ranch Inn, you can explore all the spectacular scenery that Big Sur has to offer, or take a short drive to the picturesque towns ofÂ MontereyÂ andÂ Carmel.
- Hotel website:Â Post Ranch Inn
- Other accolades: The Post Ranch Inn also features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ worldâs most spectacular cliffside hotels, the world’s best restaurants with a view, and theÂ best luxury hotels & resorts in the USA.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks at the Post Ranch Inn when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check in, late check out, andÂ $100 USD resort credit).
- Review:Â read myÂ review of the Post Ranch Inn HotelÂ here.
8. KEEMALA, PHUKET, THAILAND
Curving shapes and a highly unusual architecture are the inventive dwellings of Keemala, an all pool villa wonderland nestled well away from the Phuket crowds and overlooking Kamala Village and the Andaman Sea.Â For fun seekers the resort is close enough toÂ Kamala Beach and the liveliness of Patong Beach and all the dynamic action that Phuket has to offer, yet far enough removed to step back and take time to enjoy the tranquil surroundings of the rainforest and a plethora of holistic activities and cuisine to aid wellbeing.Â Shaded by an enchanted canopy of rainforest and connected together by a network of jungle walkways, the resort’s 38 villas are designed for guests wishing to experience a rustic, yet lavish, escape. Some villas are built in the canopy, featuring two floors complete with a private pool, upper level master bedroom, and a large lounge and dining area on the lower level.
- Hotel website:Â Keemala
- Other accolades: Keemala also features in my top 10 lists of theÂ best luxury hotels in PhuketÂ and the most instagrammable hotels in the world.
7. TSALA TREETOP LODGE, SOUTH AFRICA
Like the monumental ruins of an ancient central African civilisation, Tsalaâs impressive stone-masonry entrance flanked by water features leads to a magnificent foyer supported by Blackwood columns. The elaborate afro-baroque dÃ©corâs earthy colours, rich textures and handcrafted fittings are inspired by the diverse cultures of Africa, with the sophistication of the Western World. The views are breathtaking, whether from the exotic dining room, intimate glassed-in lounge, or large open decks high above the forest floor. Tsala features 16 lavish treetop suites,Â styled with sophistication and modern touches for pure luxury. Constructed of stone, wood and glass, these beautiful tree-house suites comprise a plush bedroom, elegant sitting room with a fireplace and spacious bathroom fit for royalty. Extending into the forest is a private deck with infinity pool providing the ultimate privacy.
- Hotel website: Tsala Treetop Lodge
6. CHEWTON GLEN, UNITED KINGDOM
Chewton Glen is a country house hotel situated less than two hours from central London, located on the border of Hampshire and Dorset. The picturesque landscape of the New Forest – William the Conqueror’s royal hunting ground – is on the hotel’s doorstep. Hidden away in a wooded valley you will find 14 of the hotels suites situated in luxury treehouses. The treehouses are unique in every sense. Built high among the trees of a secluded valley, each treehouse is an unforgettable setting for unwinding, for relaxing, for simply being. From their private balcony guests feel the ultimate seclusion, high above ground, far from everyday life. The interiors let nature in, with huge windows giving a panoramic view through the canopy to the valley beyond. For something a little more special stay in The Yews, a private and secluded treehouse that can sleep up to twelve.
- Hotel website: Chewton Glen
- Tip: enjoyÂ exclusive VIP amenities when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD spa credit).
5. HAPUKU LODGE + TREE HOUSES, NEW ZEALAND
Hapuku Lodge +Â Tree Houses is a contemporary country hotel located on a deer breeding farm in the South Island of New Zealand, 12 km (7 mi) north of the renowned eco-marine town of Kaikoura. It sits snugly at the base of the Kaikoura Seaward Mountain Range,Â with the Kaikoura coast and famed Mangamaunu Bay to the east.Â The lodge provides luxurious accommodation on Kaikouraâs rugged coastline, a place for guests to relax in its intimate indoor/outdoor setting and a place from which they can explore the larger maritime landscape of Kaikoura. The lodgeâs five tree houses are unique, nested in the canopy of a native Kanuka grove. The tree houses are designed to complement the natural environment, as your bedroom in the sky. Their large windows bring the tree canopies into the bedroom and provide impressive views of Kaikoura’s dramatic mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
- Hotel website: Hapuku Lodge + Tree Houses
4. &BEYOND LAKE MANYARA TREE LODGE, TANZANIA
Most people think that the famous tree-climbing lions at Lake Manyara have developed their climbing habit to get away from annoying insects. However, they might just be jealous of the magnificent treehouse suites at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge. Cradled in the boughs of an ancient mahogany forest, the lodge blends into the natural beauty of its breathtaking surroundings.Â Designed to exert minimal impact on the environment, &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge offers an exclusive interpretive safari in a remote, game-rich wilderness. Overlooking a forest boma, or outdoor dining area, lined with traditional dugout canoes, guest areas are characterized by soaring spaces that house local artworks and tactile fabrics. An interactive kitchen allows guests to observe the preparation of delicious dishes while enjoying spectacular forest views.
- Hotel website:Â &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
- Other accolades:Â &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Tanzania.
3. WILDERNESS SAFARIâS BISATE LODGE, RWANDA
Comprising just six spacious forest villas designed as treehouses, Bisate offers a luxurious base from which to enjoy an extraordinary gorilla conservation experience and life-changing journey to this beautiful region. Situated within the amphitheatre of an eroded volcanic cone, Bisate is surrounded by natural splendour, with sweeping views towards the Karisimbi, Bisoke and Mikeno volcanoes. Bisateâs sophisticated architectural and interior design is rooted in Rwandan building tradition as exemplified in the design of the Royal Palace of the traditional monarch. This spherical, thatched structure echoes the thousands of hills that dot the Rwandan landscape, while the richly-detailed interiors exhibit surfaces and screens made from a variety of woven materials with strong resonance in Rwandan culture.
- Hotel website:Â Bisate Lodge
- Other accolades: Bisate Lodge features in my list of the best new hotels of 2017.
2. FOUR SEASONS TENTED CAMP GOLDEN TRIANGLE, THAILAND
A natural paradise surrounded by majestic mountains, Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle puts you in an exquisite bamboo jungle close to some of Thailandâs oldest civilizations. Here, you can ride an elephant, take a nature stroll, and discover the customs of northern Thailandâs most colorful hilltribes. Four Seasons Tented Camp contains just 15 tents, tucked away into the trees andÂ designed in a lavish safari style by Bill Bensley. Inside the tents, you can stretch out inÂ 54 square meters (581 square feet) of living space appointed with leather-and-hardwood bush chairs, paddle fans and a hardwood desk, or soothe your muscles in a custom-made wooden hot tub on theÂ outdoor deck. Guests spend days feeding, bathing and riding the elephants, enjoying fine dining, and relaxing in the intimate spa before retreating to their luxurious accommodations cocooned in the trees.
- Hotel website:Â Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle
- Other accolades: Four Seasons Golden Triangle also features in my top 10 lists of the best luxury hotels in Thailand, theÂ worldâs most expensive hotels, theÂ worldâs most remote luxury hotels,Â and theÂ most luxurious glamping sites.
- Tip: enjoyÂ exclusive VIP amenities when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. daily breakfastÂ and $100 USD spa credit).
1. IVORY LODGE, LION SANDS GAME RESERVE, SOUTH AFRICA
Ivory Lodge, which was recently completely renovated, offers its guests anÂ African Bushveld experience in lavish comfort. Extraordinarily beautiful in its simplicity and texture, the lodgeâsÂ timeless design incorporates steel, wood, thatch, glass, water & sandÂ enhancing the surrounding bush environment. A sophisticated contemporary theme defines the interiors, with bold furniture and edgy dÃ©cor, ambient lighting, inferences of tribal design and highly textured finishes. Each of the 8 villas include a private rim flow pool, exquisitely appointed bedroom and lounge, and simply more of everything. The more adventurous may want to opt to stay at one of ultraluxurious treehouses operated by the same management of in the same wildlife reserve, guaranteeing a once in a lifetime experience and the ultimate African bush experience, safely above ground and semi-encased in glass.
- Hotel website:Â Ivory Lodge Lion Sands
- Other accolades:Â Ivory Lodge Lion Sands also features in myÂ top 10 lists of the best hotels in South Africa, theÂ worldâs most amazing outdoor hotel rooms, theÂ worldâs best honeymoon resorts, theÂ most exclusiveÂ safari lodges in South Africa, andÂ Africaâs most insanely beautiful safari lodges.
- Review: readÂ my review of Ivory Lodgeâs sister property, River Lodge Lion Sands, hereÂ (including a tour of one of the treehouses).
*** Follow meÂ onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a dailyÂ moment of travel inspiration ***
Take Our Poll
The post Top 10 most amazing treehouse hotels in the world appeared first on the Luxury Travel Expert.