MondayÂ newslettersÂ always featureÂ top 10 travel listsÂ to inspire.
Today (May 7, 2018):Â Top 10Â most instagrammable luxury hotels in the world.
Admit it, when on a vacation, most of us have an eagle eye out for anything that would makeÂ a breathtakingly gorgeous Instagram shot.Â Instagramming while traveling has become as important as sleeping, eating and relaxing when it comes to hotels. I have an Instagram account myself and you can follow my travels here. But while my personal Instagram account has only a small audience, Instagram itself is big in the world of travel.Â According to research byÂ Hotels.com, one in six travelers admit picking their next destination and hotel based on social media. Of course, some hotels are a lot more popular on Instagram than others, and some have the Instagram X-factor while other don’t. So here’s my round-up of the most Instagrammable hotels in the world, properties that will wow your friends and social media audience, whether it be because of crazy views, outrageous pools, or stunning design.
Thereâs more info below the slide show.Â Think IÂ missed one? Share your favorite instagrammable hotel in theÂ comments section, or takeÂ myÂ pollÂ below!
10. KEEMALA, PHUKET, THAILAND
Curving shapes and a highly unusual architecture are the inventive dwellings of Keemala, an all pool villa wonderland which has become an Instagram star since its opening in 2015. Shaded by an enchanted canopy of rainforest and connected together by a network of jungle walkways, the resortâs 38 villas are complete with a private pool and are designed for guests wishing to experience a rustic, yet lavish, escape.Â For fun seekers the resort is close enough the Kamala Beach and the liveliness of Patong Beach and all the dynamic action that Phuket has to offer, yet far enough removed to step back and take time to enjoy the tranquil surroundings of the rainforest and a plethora of holistic activities and cuisine to aid wellbeing.
- Hotel website:Â Keemala
- Other accolades: Keemala also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Phuket.
9. GIRAFFE MANOR, NAIROBI, KENIA
The exclusive boutique hotel Giraffe ManorÂ is set in 12 acres of private land within 140 acres of indigenous forest in the Langata suburb of Nairobi. Its timeless elegance recalls theÂ 1930s when European visitors first flocked to East Africa to enjoy safaris.Â With its stately faÃ§ade, elegant interior, verdant green gardens, andÂ delightful courtyards, guests often remark that itâs like walking into the epic movie Out of Africa.Â However, the most instagrammable thing about the hotelÂ is its herd of resident Rothschild giraffe who visit morning and evening, poking their long necks into the windows in the hope of a treat, before retreating to their forest sanctuary.Â
- Hotel website:Â Giraffe Manor
- Other accolades: Giraffe Manor also features in my top 10 list of the quirkiest and most unusual hotels in the world.
8. MARINA BAY SANDS HOTEL, SINGAPORE
This modern marvel of a hotel has gained worldwide recognition for its infinity rooftop pool. Visitors flock here just to snap a picture of the skyline at the edge of the pool 57 stories high. Designed by visionary architect Moshe Safdie, the rooftopÂ floats atop the three soaring hotel towers at a height of 200 metres (650 feet). This gravity-defying platform is one of the largest in the world: the 1.2-hectare SkyPark stretches longer than the Eiffel Tower laid down and is large enough to park four and a half A380 Jumbo Jets. It houses a ticketed observation deck, lush gardens, top-notch restaurants and an exclusive, infinity-edge swimming pool with a legendary view.Â The hotel itself comprises 2,560 luxury rooms and suites, and 18 different room types.
- Hotel website:Â Marina Bay Sands Hotel
- Other accolades:Â Marina Bay Sands Hotel hotel also features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ worldâs most beautiful hotel pools, theÂ worldâs most spectacular hotel rooftops, the world’s best urban resorts, andÂ swimming pools with the worldâs most astonishing vistas.
7. HOTEL PLAZA ATHENEE, PARIS, FRANCE
Since 1913, HÃ´tel Plaza AthÃ©nÃ©e, part ofÂ The Dorchester Collection, has been welcoming guests delighted to stay on avenue Montaigne, the heart of haute couture. Today the hotel is still perfectly positioned for those wanting to explore the cityâs designer fashion boutiques. Guests here stay in luxurious comfort overlooking either the Eiffel Tower or the charming courtyard with its signature red awnings, perfect for al fresco summer dining and in winter features its own ice rink.Â The roomsâ oh-so-romantic views of the Eiffel Tower have become one of the most Instagrammed hotel shots. Alain Ducasse, world-renowned multiple Michelin-starred chef, oversees all the hotel kitchens. To indulge in total serenity, Europeâs only Dior Institute is another hotel highlight, offering exclusive spa treatments in a stylish setting including a specialist manicure and pedicure area.
- Hotel website:Â Hotel Â Plaza AthenÃ©e
- Other accolades: Hotel Plaza AthenÃ©e features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Paris.
6. BURJ AL ARAB, DUBAI, UAE
The distinctive sail-shaped silhouette of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, aÂ glittering architectural marvel in the middle of the Arabian Gulf, is more than just a stunning hotel, it is an emblem of modern Dubai, a world-famous icon, and a symbol of extreme wealth, hence making it a very popular instagram subject among its high-end and luckyÂ clientele. Burj Al Arab Jumeirah offers oversized suite-only accommodation, with each suite composed ofÂ two floorsÂ that are connected byÂ a marble staircase. Here, you can soothe your soul in aÂ spa-like bathroom with Jacuzzi, mosaic floor, and full-size Hermes products.
- Hotel website:Â Burj Al Arab
- Other accolades:Â Burj Al Arab also features in myÂ top 10 lists of theÂ worldâs most amazing hotel lobbies,Â theÂ worldâs most outrageous, over-the-top hotel experiences, theÂ worldâs most expensive hotels, the world’s best hotel redemptions, andÂ hotels with private helipads.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks when booking Burj Al Arab via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a 50 min massage for two).
5. THE SILO, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA
The Silo Hotel isÂ a magical hotel, featuring 28 lofty rooms and towering above South Africaâs Mother City. The Silo has been built in the grain elevator portion of the historic grain silo complex occupying six floors above the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (MOCAA), which rivals the likes of the Tate Modern in London, MoMA in New York and Museo Nacional del Prado in Madrid. One of the hotel’s most remarkable features are the pillowed glazing panels, inserted into the geometry of the hotel floors, which bulge outward as if gently inflated.Â By night, this transforms the building into a glowing lantern or beacon in the harbor. These windows, offering spectacular views of Table Mountain, have featured as a background in countless spectacular Instagram photos, even if the hotel is only one year open.
- Hotel website:Â The Silo Cape Town
- Other accolades: The Silo features in my lists of theÂ best new luxury hotels of 2017Â and the best luxury hotels in Cape Town.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks when booking The Silo Hotel via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a 50 min massage for two).
4. JADE MOUNTAIN, ST LUCIA
Speaking of the perfect InstagramÂ hotel photo to impress your friends, you don’t even have to leave your room to take one at Jade Mountain. Individual bridges leading to exceptional suites and rugged stoned-faced columns reaching towards the sky make Jade Mountain one of the Caribbeanâs most mesmerizing resort experiences.Â With the fourth wall entirely absent, Jade Mountainâs 29 suites (called âsanctuariesâ) are stage-like settings from which to embrace the full glory ofÂ Â St Luciaâs twin peaks, the Pitons World Heritage Site, and of course, the eternal Caribbean Sea.Â All sanctuaries (with the exception of the 5 Sky suites) come with private in-room infinity pools that stretch out to maximize the stunning views while youâre swimming.
- Hotel website:Â Jade Mountain
- OtherÂ accolades:Â Jade Mountain also features in myÂ top 10 lists ofÂ hotel rooms with the best views, theÂ worldâs best luxury hotels,Â theÂ worldâs best honeymoon resorts, the world’s best resorts with private plunge pools, andÂ theÂ most luxurious resorts in the Caribbean.
- Tip:Â enjoy free VIP amenities when bookingÂ viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 USD spa credit, early check in, and late check out).
- Review: read myÂ review of Jade MountainÂ here.
3. AMANGIRI, USA
Overlooking starkly beautiful desert scenery and the Southwestâs iconic flat-topped mesa rock formations, Amangiri (meaning âpeaceful mountainâ) is located in the USAâs Grand Circle region. Five national parks, numerous national monuments and the Navajo Nation Reservation, the largest Native American reservation in the United States, surround the resort. Draped around a central swimming pool with spectacular view, the resort’s minimalist decor and surrounding raw landscape of immense power have enormous Instagram potential to wow your friends and inspire your followers. Amangiriâs 34 suites are situated in two elegant wings, which sweep from each side of the resortâs main pavilion. All suites offer private terraces, fireplaces, king-size beds and private courtyard entrances, with some suites having their own pool.
- Hotel website:Â Amangiri
- Other accolades:Â Amangiri alsoÂ features in myÂ top 10 lists of the best resort & hotels in the USA,Â worldâs best wilderness resorts, theÂ worldâs best hotel room views,Â theÂ worldâs most beautiful hotel pools, theÂ worldâs best luxury hotels, theÂ best luxury hotels in the USA, theÂ worldâs most luxurious desert retreats, and my favorite Aman resorts in the world.
- Tip: enjoy free VIP amenities when booking viaÂ VirtuosoÂ (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and a 30 minute massageÂ for two).
2. CANAVES OIA SUITES, SANTORINI, GREECE
On the northwest tip of the Greek island of Santorini, one discovers the welcoming Canaves Oia Suites hotel in the picturesque village of Oia Santorini. This breathtaking hotel is carved into the cliffside and offers its guests a majestic view of the caldera and the Aegean Sea, creating the ideal setting for a perfect Instagram shot.Â Canaves Oia Hotel is considered one of the finest Santorini luxury hotels and provides tastefully designed facilities and services to ensure a comfortable, fairytale like stay.Â Freshly renovated luxury suites offer the ultimate in modern facilities, with spacious living areas and private plunge pools. Blending spectacular vistas with over the top accommodation and impeccable service, those luxury suites in Oia, Santorini will charm even the most eclectic guests.
- Hotel website: Canaves Oia Suites
- Tip: enjoy free VIP perks when booking Canaves Oia Suites via Virtuoso (e.g. upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
1. SONEVA JANI, MALDIVES
World-famous Soneva Jani is the holy grail of luxury travel for many Instagram fashionables because it offers unrivaled photo opportunities. Located on an uninhabited five-island cluster in the Noonu Atoll, theÂ Maldivesâ most exclusive and game-changing hotel is fringed by pristine beaches, blanketed with lush tropical greenery, and surrounded byÂ a 5.6 km (3,4 mi)Â lagoon of crystal clear waters with uninterrupted Indian Ocean views. Each one of the 24Â water villas has a private lap pool and opens to its own stretch of lagoon, with most villas also featuring slides going directly from the top deck into the lagoon below. The highlight of the villas isÂ the retractable roof in the master bedroom, which slides back at the touch of a button so that guests can lie in bed, stargaze, and take an Instagram selfie.
Contact meÂ to receive aÂ complimentaryÂ room upgradeÂ at Soneva Jani at the time of booking.
- Hotel website:Â Soneva Jani
- Other accolades: Soneva Jani also features in my listsÂ of the best luxury hotels in the Maldives, theÂ most fabulous overwater villas in the Maldives, theÂ bestÂ new luxury hotels of 2016, theÂ most astonishing beach retreats in Asia, andÂ my favorite hotels in the world.
- Review:Â read my review of Sonev JaniÂ here.
*** Follow me onÂ Twitter,Â InstagramÂ andÂ FacebookÂ for a daily moment of travel inspiration ***
Take Our Poll
The post Top 10 most instagrammable hotels in the world appeared first on the Luxury Travel Expert.